Ovalo Galleria de Arte
Open Call for Artists
It has been such a great year with several exhibitions in the UK and also shows abroad that created links and collaborations with artists and curators from other countries! Before closing this year, we are really happy to announce the opening of our new Gallery in Athens!
Our Gallery in Athens is located in the historical area of Thissio, minutes away from the Acropolis and Parthenon, the Acropolis Museum, and several touristic sites. Our aim is to exhibit the work of international artists into the rapidly growing art scene of Athens through our open calls.
Our first show, “Chapter I”, will open on for two months; from the 16th November 2019 and it will be on until the 16th January 2020! We are currently accepting submissions from artists who would like to participate in this project and the deadline to apply is on the 31st October 2019.
There is no specific theme for this exhibition. We are looking for the most interesting artworks to be exhibited in our space! The opening event of the show will be on the 16th November from 6pm until 9pm – admission free.
Please note that are looking for small and light artworks that are easy to transport from one country to another. Artists of all mediums and from all countries are welcome to apply to participate in our show! The artworks you will submit must be less than 60cm x 40cm.
You can find all the necessary information below.
Exhibition Opening Event:
16th November 2019, 6-9pm
17th November 2019 - 16th January 2020
Deadline to Apply:
31st October 2019
How to Apply
We do understand that time is precious; therefore, we have made the application process as simple and quick as we could. Artists of all mediums and from all countries are welcome to apply, including painters, sculptors, photographers, designers, illustrators, performers and video artists.
Please send us an email with the following information, along with a sample of your work and an up-to-date CV:
• Contact information (full name, email, mobile)
• Country, city (where are you currently based)
• Details of the artworks (title, size including the frame, medium, year, price)
• Your artist statement / a few words about your work
• Links (your website, Facebook, Instagram etc)
You can include the information above in a PDF/DOCX file or in the body of your email.
The sample of your work has to be up to 4 images. If you want to submit more artworks, then please include all images in one PDF file and attach it to your email.
Please send your email to email@example.com and quote 'Athens Exhibition' in the subject field.
*Please note that your work is not required to be framed.
Services and Fees
We are responsible for covering every aspect of the exhibition. The only thing that the artists need to do, is to deliver/post their work to us, and enjoy the exhibition we have prepared for them. Our services include:
• Catalogues (hard copies) - the catalogues include a short bio/artist statement, image of the artists' works, their email address and their website. Artists who live abroad, outside London or who are unable to attend, will receive a copy of the catalogue via post.
• e-Catalogues - a digital version of the catalogue with hyperlinks to each artist's website. Those catalogues are easy to share, and they will be there for you to order one, in case you loose your original copy of the catalogue. See our e-Catalogues here.
• Installation of the work in the venue
• Storage of the artworks for up to one week after the end of the show. We can also post your work back to you (the artists are responsible for the postage expenses).
• Promotion of the exhibition and the participants through our mailing list (more than 2000 subscribers) and on social media.
• Documentation of the artists' work in the venue.
• Transportation of your work from London to Athens and back.
Everyone can apply for free to participate in our shows and we do not take any commission from the sales! This is why an affordable fee will be applied only to selected artists, which will go towards the expenses of each show:
• Maintenance of the gallery space and our equipment
• Catering with professional staff that will offer drinks and snacks at the opening event
• Posters and catalogues design
• Printing costs (posters/catalogues/labels)
The fees for the exhibition include VAT. No extra charges will be applied.
• £85 (we will provide all the necessary equipment)
For more information please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to working with you!