Athens open art
• the space
Our Gallery is located in the historical area of Thissio, one of the most popular touristic destinations in Athens. We are minutes away from the Acropolis and Parthenon, the Acropolis Museum, and several touristic sites! Keep reading in order to find out how can you participate in our exhibitions, the guidelines and fees.
• exhibit in our gallery!
The idea is to organise a series of exhibitions throughout the year, under the project, 'Athens Open Art' and showcase the work of artists from all over the world to the rapidly growing art scene of Athens. If you want to exhibit your work in our Gallery and be part of our projects, you can simply send us an email with the following information:
• 1-4 images of your work attached to the email (Jpeg format). Please name each file with the title of each artwork (e.g. "Untitled.Jpeg")
• Details of the artworks (title, size, medium and price). The details must fit each submitted artwork (e.g. "Untitled",
50 x 70 cm, Oil on Canvas, £ )
• A short text (50 - 120 words) with some information about your work or your background. We will print this text and place it next to your artwork in the Gallery.
• Your website and social media accounts (optional/if applicable).
Please gather all the information above, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote 'Athens Exhibitions' in the subject of your email. There is no charge to submit your application so feel free to share your work with us! You can find more information in our 'Guidelines' section below.
We are currently accepting applications for our shows in mid-October and November.
The re is no deadline to apply. You can send us your application and you will be notified with the results within one to three weeks. If you are selected, then you will receive an email with the specific dates of the exhibition and all the necessary information. The artists who are not accepted will also be notified via email and they are more than welcome to re-apply with a different selection of artworks.
• Previous exhibitions
Our team is going through all applications we receive and we select the artists that will exhibit in our Gallery. The selected artists will receive an email from us with all the necessary information in detail. Below you can find some more information about the process but if you have any questions, you can always contact us at email@example.com
• The theme of our exhibitions is open. We are just looking for the most interesting artworks from around the world to be part of our shows.
• The artists will be responsible for delivering/posting their work to us.
• All artists will be featured in an e-Catalogue with hyperlinks connected to their websites/social media accounts.
• All artists will receive a hard copy of the catalogue via post.
• Artists from all counties and of all mediums can apply (painting, sculpting, printmaking, photography, installation, video art and more).
• the area
The Gallery, is in a prestigious location, right in the heart of Athens, next to the main touristic sights of the city and popular destinations such as Psirri and Plaka, which are within walking distance. We will be having a new exhibition every Friday evening, from 8.30pm until 11.30pm and also a second opening event every Saturday, 8.30pm until 11.30pm! On Sundays, the place is crawling with tourists and local people and we will be there to greet them all!
• fees and commission
We do not take any commission from the sales. The funds from the sold artworks go back to the artists 100%. This is why a small fee of £65 will be applied to the artists who will be selected to exhibit in our shows. The fee for video artists is £25. The funds we gather from the fees are going towards the needs of the exhibitions:
• Maintenance of the Gallery space
• Printing costs (poster, labels etc)
• Catalogue design
Please note that the fee is per artist and not per artwork. We usually select 1-4 pieces approximately (depending on their size) from each artist to be exhibited. The fees for the exhibition include VAT. No extra charges will be applied.
Thank you so much and we look forward to working with you!